Are you ready to build your very own chattel house? Is there a specific chattel house feature that you would love to add to your home?
The plans on the Chattel Houses website showcase how a small space can be utilized to its maximum potential. We use adequately sized windows, doors, high ceilings or lofts, built-in closets and outdoor spaces to make the home effective and efficient. All of our plans are under 1,000 square feet in interior space and are designed for smaller lots.
Chattel House Plans
Our collection of chattel house plans are prepared and reviewed by building professionals, drawn to a specific scale and can be printed on high quality paper for an additional fee. All chattel house plan packages include the following plans and schedules:
- Front Perspective
- Foundation Plan
- Plumbing Plan (Hot and cold water piping and labels)
- Electrical Plan (Wiring, plugs, switches, outlets and light fixtures)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Plan
- Interior Elevations (Interior features, appliance and furniture placement)
- Exterior Elevations (Exterior elevations dimensions)
- Floor Plans (Room, window and door dimensions)
- Cross Sections (Cutaway of the house from ground up to roof level)
- Landscaping Plan (Suggested placement of plants and trees)
- Energy Guide (Suggested alternative energy systems)
- Materials List
We can also prepare custom chattel house plans based on your needs. These plans can be customised to create a small studio, a vacation cottage or a small home dwelling all with the historic design of the chattel house. Our versatile designs merge modern functionalities, amenities and sustainable attributes with the island flair of this iconic structure.
Please note that customised plans may take up to six weeks to complete based on the complexity of the design. All customised plans can be purchased separately from the supplementary plans listed above.
Follow Chattel Houses on Instagram for even more chattel house inspiration.